We provide a full range of solutions and services for creating and enhancing the value of sports-related content and assets, available individually or as a package to suit your needs and objectives.
Intellectual Property Management
Merchandising and licensing
We manage the licensing and commercializing of sports-related intellectual property (including names, trademarks, logos, insignias, images, mascots, and more), and develop new businesses that leverage said intellectual property.
Coordinating OEM tie-ups
We plan, develop, and negotiate rights and clearance terms for original products produced in partnership between sports organizations and apparel brands, popular children’s characters, and more.
Development of promotional products
We plan, develop, negotiate rights and clearance terms, and produce promotional products using sports-related content and assets (sports organizations and athletes) according to our clients’ needs, working in collaboration with Hakuhodo DY Group companies.
Athletes and Players
We provide comprehensive athlete management services — such as securing endorsement contracts, sponsorships, licensing agreements, media interviews, and more — with our goal being to provide athletes with an environment that allows them to focus on competition and perform at their highest level. We also aim to set up and grow off-the-court marketing and business opportunities, such as product collaborations, fan engagement, use of the athlete’s likeness in publications and video products, appearances at clinics, and more.
Athletes currently managed by Hakuhodo DY Sports Marketing
We leverage our network in the sports industry to cast athletic talent that fits with a business’s corporate/brand image and matches the overall aesthetic of the advertising campaign.
* Sei-katsu-sha, which literally means “living person,” stands in contrast to the word Japanese marketers typically use to refer literally to a consumer: shohisha . Sei-katsu-sha expresses the holistic person — an individual with a lifestyle, aspirations, and dreams. All the branding work we do in partnership with our clients follows from our insights into sei-katsu-sha.
Representing athletes and teams/clubs
We work closely with athletes to design a detailed vision for their future, assist them in selecting and connecting with the team/club best suited for them, and coordinate contract negotiations. We also support teams’/clubs’ efforts to scout promising domestic and international players to improve their rosters.
We work closely together with various stakeholders in the sports industry to identify and verify business opportunities, plan and implement proposals, and develop new businesses from a mid- to long-term perspective, in a way that meets the needs of the sports industry and/or addresses broader social issues.
We develop business and brand development strategies, as well as marketing solutions and consulting services leveraging our diverse business portfolio and experience.
Governing sports organizations (associations, organizations, leagues, etc.)
- Strategic planning and marketing support services to expand business and income opportunities for national teams
- Provide sei-katsu-sha data for use in establishing new business ventures
- PR planning, execution, and project management support
- Providing consulting services related to the running of government-sponsored sports competitions
- Developing project proposals for municipal governments looking to bid to host international sporting events
- Helping facilitate communication, visits, etc. between universities and overseas teams
- Facilitation between government offices and sports organizations
Sports teams and clubs
- Helping draw up a vision for teams/clubs and formulating an action plan
- Strategic business planning for professional sports teams and clubs
- Providing consulting services, workshops, etc.
- Conducting research on how overseas sports teams and clubs engage fans through on-site touchpoints and facilities
- Consulting services related to intellectual property management strategy
- Sports sponsorship consulting
- Designing a corporate sports team mascot
- Providing consulting services and forecasting demand related to the construction of public sports facilities
- General consultation
- Developing plans for growing fan communities/organizations
- Assisting with the establishment of athlete-related funds and grants
- Developing proposals and assisting with the management of an athlete’s name, image, and likeness
- Business development associated with stadiums and other athletic facilities; conducting planning, research, and workshops related to brand development
We develop and implement proposals that effectively utilize web content, data, and technology to deliver business solutions and improve brand value for content owners, companies, and the media.